Sunday 31 August 2008

Light - Graphicus Guild ATC swap

This months theme for the Graphicus Guild Swap (of which I am the hostess) was Light. The theme is set by Glenda so I have no forward planning on the idea's.
I must admit I found this theme a little challenging this time but having played with my 'glimmer mists' to make some backgrounds I decided to use a couple of pieces for my ATC.s.





Rather than spraying the mists I painted the backgrounds using a large soft brush, blending two or three colours. The effect was a lovely soft watercolour with shimmer, which unfortunately dosn't show up too well on the photo's.


This colour made me think of the garden after a shower when the sun comes out. Still droplets of water on the flowers but a lovely light fresh feel.



Not much else to post this weekend as I have been working on some new samples for E.I. so will have to hold off posting them for a little while!

5 comments:

Beryl K said...

They are beautiful Sant. The colours are beautiful. I especially love the one with the butterfly. I've got a pack of ATC cards but have never taken the plunge yet. Maybe the Sept. Guild challenge we'll see
Beryl x

Unknown said...

Hi San - I hope you are very well babes :) Your creations are beautiful. It would be lovely if you joined in a swap on the forum again - we miss you! Lol Lynn x

craftimamma said...

Oh these are lovely. I didn't have time to make any entries last month but I'll try to get something in this time.

I'm so glad Glenda has put a link from her blog to yours. It's great and your creations are beautiful. Love the cat post as well.

Lesley

Unknown said...

I was lucky enough to receive 'after the rain' today as part of the Guild swap. It's soo pretty, thank you.

RubyMay said...

what lovely light, pretty cards.

I loved your cats as well...the photos are beautiful.