Sunday 12 July 2009

Vellum Butterflies


I keep being drawn back to using the 'butterfly collage' stamps from I.E. I stamped one of the collages onto a background I had made using distress inks directly onto my craft mat, then a light spritz of water to blend the colours. A piece of card was then laid on top of the ink and lightly pressed down. The result is a lovely watercolour background. This was then the basis of my colour scheme.
The butterflies were stamped out onto velum and embossed with gold. They were then coloured on the back using brush pens.
The yellow background was stamped with versa mark and then a gold pigment powder brushed over for a subtle effect.

2 comments:

Beryl K said...

This is just beautiful, I love how the colours have worked
Beryl x

craftimamma said...

No wonder you keep getting drawn back to this stamp Sant. The things you do with it are gorgeous.

I love the bright summery colours you have used.

Lesley Xx