Sunday 26 July 2009

Copyright

Since reading Glenda's blog (artylicious) I entirely support her use of copyright and having been subject to this abuse in our own business I know how upsetting this can be. I recently noticed a card which was published in a craft magazine which was very similar to a sample that I made last year. Therefore I regretably have added a note to my blog with regards to copying my work.

I now photograph my work with a date on it, which in itself is a type of copyright.

2 comments:

Deby said...

Totally agree Sandra, I too put a copyright notice on my blog at the end of last year after seeing a few of my card ideas copied and submitted into competitions.
1 that I was more shocked to see was a well known TV person using one of my card ideas !
Seems a little sad that we have to resort to this :-(

Deby

craftimamma said...

I am fully in agreement with you too. I just can't see what satisfaction there is in staking claim to work that isn't your own.

Lesley Xx