Tuesday 16 September 2008

Autumn - challenge


This autumn theme has been done on a large piece of stampbord, rather than a card. I coloured the base with mustard, green and red dye ink. Then I used EI stamp on top but only lightly inked the stamp so as not to cover the background too much.

Then using an homemade mixture of UTE clear which was mixed in three batches with butterscotch, lettuce and red pepper alcohol inks to make a transparent coloured UTE. I inked the corners with versamark and then just added layers of the above embossing powder to give a deep cover, into which I stamped the chrysanthemum EI stamp coated with a copper brilliance ink.

I then went over the leaves and flowers with pigment powder to give some definition and sparkle.


This artwork is for rainbowlady's autumn challenge

5 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Welcome Sandra and I do so love this such wonderful rich colours. I just love stampboard myself and Glenda of course. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

Beryl K said...

Wow Sandra, what a gorgeous piece of work
Beryl x

InkyArtitude said...

Now that's stunning! I love the colours and your choise of stamps - yummy!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is amazing San - I love it! Just got back from Hols and I noticed you asked about a template for the criss cross card. I followed instructions on the Splitcoast Stampers site - hope that helps!

craftimamma said...

I absolutely love the mix of both colours and stamps on this piece. So glad you're blogging to give us even more inspiration.

Lesley