Tuesday 17 November 2009

MCS 'Melt Dust'







I've been waiting to update my blog with information about the new MCS 'Melt Dust' which was launched last night on I.W. I have been very fortunate in being able to trial this new product and have to say that I was very impressed.
I have sampled the 'original' gold pearl and silver pearl all of which gave excellent results. I was given the vellum type paper to try and this has a slight shimmer on the printing side. The ink does stay wet for quite a few minutes giving plenty of time to apply the 'melt dust'. The 'melt dust' is a lot finer that normal embossing powder and requires a gentle heat. I found it best to heat from underneath. I used the 'hairdryer type' of heatgun.
The above projects were taken from MCS Wings & Things and Flourishes CD's and have been shown on I.W. today. (Some of you may have seen them on the MCS stand at the NEC recently)

2 comments:

Barbara Hammant said...

I also saw the show showcasing this product - but where can you buy the sheets and the meltdust?

Barbara Hammant

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous cards San, I bought the bumber kit last night, shouldn't have but....
Beryl x