Sunday 5 October 2008

Black & Blue

Trying a new technique for 'rainbowlady's' challenge. I used a multi coloured inkpad to brayer onto white matt card, I then spritzed the brayer with water and brayered again to soften all the bands of colour. Then I used 'jazz blue' glimmermist and sprayed over the top and immediately used the clean brayer to blend the colour in.

I stamped with black ink and then highlighted with a white gel pen. The background paper is from Damask Delights CD.

Stamp used from E.I. Damask squares unmounted theme plate.
CD: Artylicious Damask Delights

9 comments:

Beryl K said...

Wow, that is a fantastic card. I love it
Beryl x

Rainbow Lady said...

This is fabulous Sant I just love the colours and of course any of Glenda's stuff works for me lol. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

Phree said...

Gorgeous, love the effect you have acheived with the brayered background.

Cecilia said...

Wonderful card, I like it!

Hugs, Tiina

Anonymous said...

Many thanks to you for accepting this challenge and presenting your artwork.
Great background, beautiful card.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Just catching up with things - this is gorgeous San - colours are divine!

Kreativgeschwafel said...

really a great card!

Helen said...

Love the colours and the way they've blended - I'm going to have to get my brayer out!

craftimamma said...

Don't know how I missed leaving a comment on here before Sandra, but I must say the colours and technique on your card are gorgeous. I've only recently started brayering so must give this technique a try.

Lesley